• 1.5 kg Roasting chicken – with giblets
• (Defrost the chicken)
• Onions peeled
• Salt, pepper and dried herbs
• 3 tbsp Sunfoil Pure Sunflower oil
• A roasting dish with a lid
• 250 ml Allsome Rice
• 2.5 ml Salt
• 1 l Water
• Heat the oven to 200oC
• Remove the giblets from the inside of the chicken. Rinse the chicken and then
• place the peeled onion into the cavity. This will add a delicious flavour to the meat and will also be good as an extra vegetable when serving.
• Oil the outside of the chicken and then season with salt, pepper and herbs.
• Place in the roasting dish, put 150 ml water into the pan and roast covered for 1 hour.
• While the chicken is in the oven, chop the second onion and lightly fry it in some Sunfoil Pure Sunflower oil.
• Add the giblets and once they have browned, add water and seasoning and create a stock for gravy.