A dessert of delicate, thin pancakes (crepes) enfolding a luscious coconut cream. Swamiji calls them “almond joys wrapped in pancakes.”
• 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 ½-2 cups of very, very, finely shredded coconut (see note)
• ½ teaspoon rose water
• ¼ teaspoon ground cardamon powder
• Crepe Batter:
• 2 cups milk
• 1 cup of cream of wheat (instant cooking)
• ½ cup while all-purpose flour
• ¼ cup white sugar
Ghee or oil for cooking crepes
• First, make the filling. In a medium size saucepan, stir together the sweetened condensed milk and the coconut powder over low heat.
• Stir in the cardamom powder and rose water for taste, and stir until the ingredients are smooth and creamy. Set aside to cool.
• To make the crepes, combine the milk, white flour, cream of wheat, and sugar in an electric blender.
• Blend until smooth – the consistency