Food plays an important role in purifying our hearts and bodies. Pure food gives rise to pure thoughts. Cooking is an act of worship. Positive energy is fed to all that consume the meals.
Daikon (white radish) /Carrot Salad Recipe
Add small salads to your meals to provide freshness and variety. This salad’s main ingredients are carrots, daikons (white radishes), and coconut. All are shredded and combined with light oil and spices.
- 2 medium daikon, grated. Keep aside in a seive so that the liquid drains (This reduces strong/pungent fragrance of the daikon)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 pinches of hing (asafoetida)
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 2 green chillies grated or ground (optional)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 pinches of hing
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 cup of fresh grated coconut
- juice of 1-2 lemons
- salt to taste
1. Combine daikon and carrot in a large serving bowl.
2. In a pan, heat the oil.